When you use GoMotor, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data. We recommend that you read and understand our policies.
This notice applies to users of GoMotor’s services anywhere in the world, including users of websites, features, or other services.
This notice describes how GoMotor and its affiliates collect and use personal data. This notice applies to all users of our service platforms anywhere in the world. This notice specifically applies to:
- Riders: individuals who request or receive transportation, including those who receive transportation requested by another individual
- Drivers: individuals who provide, or submit applications to GoMotor to provide, transportation individually or through partner transportation companies
This notice also governs GoMotor’s other collections of personal data in connection with Future services. All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
Data collections and uses
A. The data we collect
- Data provided by users to GoMotor, such as during account creation
- Data created during the use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data
The following data is collected by GoMotor:
- Data provided by users. This includes:
o User profile: We collect data when users create or update their GoMotor accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification documents, including driver’s license numbers and images, birthdate, signature, and photo. This also includes a vehicle or insurance information of drivers and delivery partners, and user settings. We may use the photos submitted by drivers and/or delivery partners to verify their identities, such as through facial recognition technologies.
Background check and identity verification: We collect background check and identity verification information for drivers and delivery partners. This may include information such as driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law), and right to work.
How we use personal data
GoMotor collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery, and other products and services. We also use the data we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications between users
- To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
- In connection with legal proceedings
GoMotor does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent.
We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
- Screening riders, drivers, and delivery partners before enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including thorough reviews of background checks, where permitted by law, to help prevent the use of our services by unsafe drivers and/or riders.
- Using data from drivers’ or delivery partners’ devices to help identify unsafe driving behaviours such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to inform them of safer driving practices. We also use data from delivery partners’ devices to verify the type of vehicles they used to provide deliveries.
- Using the device, location, profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities.
- GoMotor uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls with notice to and the consent of the user) to provide customer support, including to:
- Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address user concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes